A corporate event can make or break your company or organization’s public image, so it’s important to ensure every aspect of the event is planned to a tee. Consult this handy checklist to make sure you’re covering all of your bases throughout the corporate event catering and planning process.
- Set a date. This is your first real commitment, so make it count! Set a date that accommodates for the needs of your VIP guests and fellow staff members. If you have a specific location in mind, make sure you choose a date when your chosen venue is available.
- Pick a place. It’s all about atmosphere! Choose a venue that will help you cultivate the desired atmosphere for your corporate event. Lighting is key, so make sure you check out your venue at about the time of day when you plan to host the event.
- Grab your calendar or grab a planner. Lay out key deadlines ahead of time — when to send out invitations, when to nail down guest speakers, when to finalize your corporate event catering plans. Even better, reach out to an event planner in your area to offer guidance and support and lessen the weight on your shoulders.
- Prepare a budget. The least fun, but the most critical. An excellent event planner can help you find creative ways to maximize your budget so that your event is both elegant and economical.
- Book a caterer. Food preparation, presentation and service are among the most time-consuming and labor-heavy aspects of event planning. Make sure you do it right! An excellent meal means an excellent impression, and hiring a caterer will take the pressure off of you to provide the perfect dining experience.
- Set an itinerary. Lay out a plan for the evening itself, including any guest speakers, group activities, mealtimes and times to mingle.
- Knock it out of the park. Do a walk-through on the day of your event and then lean back and enjoy — or, you know, sit up straight and make a good impression on key investors. If you’ve hired an event planner, you have more freedom to pursue professional goals rather than managing the event the night of. Get out there and show them what a star you are!
For the best corporate event catering and planning in the San Jose CA area, give Handheld Catering a call at (408) 692-4782. They’ll handle the food, the atmosphere, and the tough stuff, so you can enjoy yourself and achieve your professional goals.